Visit the SEGA School and Lodge
Visitors to SEGA now have a comfortable place to stay on campus at the SEGA Lodge!
Nestled near the base of the beautiful Uluguru Mountains, the SEGA Girls School is located 7 miles north of Morogoro Town off of Dodoma Road. Morogoro is located approximately 4 hours drive west of Dar es Salaam. To accommodate our visitors, we have built a lodge on the 30-acre campus.
Relax in our comfortable lodge, enjoy delicious dishes from our private cook, and experience the vitality of our vibrant, nonprofit Tanzanian girls’ boarding school, and nearby cultural exchange activities.
All proceeds from the SEGA Lodge go to the school’s scholarship fund!
Experience Cultural Exchange
- Tour the campus with a student guide who will explain our organic garden, and environmentally friendly campus using solar energy and a rainwater capture system;
- Join in after-school activities such as sports events, art activities, study hall, or English speaking games.
- SEGA can arrange a hike in the Uluguru Mountains, a tour of Morogoro town, or visits to nearby villages.
- We are also happy to help you organize your onward travel and safari to nearby national parks or other destinations, through partnership with a reliable local travel agent.
|Distance from SEGA to National Parks and Other Attractions|
|Dar es Salaam:||4.5 hours drive (or 1 hour flight)|
|Mikumi National Park:||1.5 hours drive|
|Udzungwa National Park:||2.5 hours drive|
|Selous Game Reserve:||4 hours drive (or 20 minute flight from Mikumi airstrip)|
|Iringa:||5 hours drive|
|Ruaha National Park:||8 hours drive (or 30 minute flight from Mikumi airstrip)|
The SEGA Lodge is more than a place to rest – it is a destination!
SEGA Secondary School
SEGA is a quality residential secondary school for girls. The school’s goal is to provide students with a quality education as well as entrepreneurship skills, along with a range of life, communication, and leadership skills that will help girls succeed after graduation.
All proceeds from the SEGA Lodge go into supporting scholarships for girls from remote, poor communities to attend the SEGA School. Currently 95% of SEGA’s students are on full-scholarship.
The SEGA Lodge
The entire SEGA campus is securely protected by a gated, supervised entrance and fenced perimeter. The lodge has six rooms, each with two single beds, accommodating up to 12 people. We can accommodate groups up to 16 or 18 using bunk beds, upon special request.
Each room includes:
- private bath
- running hot/cold water
- free wi-fi
- daily housekeeping
- ceiling fan
- mosquito netting
- a self-catered breakfast (SEGA provides the food and guests cook);
- lunch at the school (or self-made in house with food provided)
- made-to-order dinner served by our Cook in the Lodge
A large, fully-equipped kitchen with living area is available for meal preparation.
|$80 per guest/night including meals plus tax|
|School Student groups exceeding 16 people may be accommodated in their own dormitory for $35 per student (month of June only)|
Come Experience the Magic of SEGA!
For booking and more information:
Telephone: (617) 750-6268
SEGA Lodge Address: 599 Mkundi Area, Morogoro, Tanzania
GPS Coordinate: -6.721758,37.661252